All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder
employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are fresh
out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would
make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed
for a job.
Click here for the complete list of
RF Cafe Quizzes.
Note: Some material based on books have quoted passages.
1. Which "hand rule" applies for determining the direction of the magnetic field around a current-carrying
wire? Assume conventional current flow from positive to negative, and magnetic field leaving the north pole and
entering the south pole.
a) Right-hand rule
b) Left-hand rule
c) Whole-hand rule
What is the name given to the display
pattern when independent signals are fed
into the x-axis and y-axis ports of an
a) X-Y waveform
3. How is the word "Fresnel" pronounced (as in Fresnel zone or Fresnel grating)?
What type of filter is shown to the right?
What is the order of the filter shown to the right?
6. What type of transmission
line is shown to the right?
What type of waveguide bend is shown to the right?
a) 90° Maxwell bend
b) 90° H-Plane bend
c) 90° E-Plane
What is the value of the resistor shown on to the right?
a) 6.2 kΩ, ±5%
b) 62 kΩ, ±5%
c) 62 kΩ, ±10%
9. What serious problem is commonly caused with lead-free, tin-alloy solders
a) Tin whiskers
b) Cold flowing
c) Spontaneous combustion
10. Which is the earliest RF Cafe logo?
Need some help? Click here for the answers and explanations.