to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Sr. RF Design Engineer Position
Job Tracking ID: 512437-513162
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 10 - 15 Years
Job Location: Boulder, CO
Level of Education: BA/BS
Date Updated: November 23, 2015
Starting Date: ASAP
The embedded software engineer will be responsible for developing embedded software for FreeWave
wireless products. These responsibilities will encompass all phases of the embedded software development
lifecycle including requirements analysis, architecture review, software design, software coding and
unit test, integration, and supporting system test. Duties will be focused on Layer 3 wireless data
path design and implementation with typical work encompassing networking applications, protocols, drivers,
APIs, and management interfaces.
Work should be performed at the FreeWave Technologies
location in Boulder, CO unless otherwise specified by functional management
Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Embedded software developer for a range of wireless products within the FreeWave product line
- Analyze product requirements and customer use cases in order to propose design solutions as needed
- Develop detailed software functional specifications and technical design documents for embedded
- Design, implement, and unit test embedded software running on ARM based systems
- Maintain close communication with other software engineers, system architecture engineers, hardware
engineers and system integration/test teams throughout the design and development cycle
- Perform other reasonably related duties as necessary
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this
Experience and Skills:
Must have experience with embedded software development with emphasis on networking and wireless
- Strong C and C++ language programming experience for embedded systems encompassing software design,
coding, unit testing and debugging
- Experience with embedded Linux user space and kernel space software development - Linux v2.6.x and
- Real-time operating systems - semaphore, mutex, interrupt handling, task priority, threads, etc.
- In-depth knowledge on network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, multicast, SNMP, FTP, DHCP and related
- Programming experience in cross-compile environment
- Experience with API and management interfaces
- Strong protocol experience down to the byte level
- Team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems
- Independent self-starter, committed to delivering quality results on aggressive timelines
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with encryption technologies and implementation
- Experience developing custom Linux kernel software
- Assembly Language
Educational Requirements and Certifications:
BS/BA (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and/or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Looking to work for a company that will spark your innovation, fuel your professional growth,
and offer unlimited future potential?
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of our 22-year history, and we're looking
for exceptional, like-minded professionals to join our team and grow with us. We're poised to expand
from a M2M communications leader into an IIoT networking powerhouse, with many new products on the horizon
and partnerships with organizations like Oracle and Aruba that will drive us to the next level.
Here are a few things about us, and why we're a great fit for your career:
- 20+ years of industry leadership and solid track record with an exciting start-up vibe
- A proven leader in the exploding Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space
- Laser focus on exceptional service delivery to our 1000s of long-term customers
- New, seasoned executive team with a Silicon Valley energy and approach
- Clear, robust strategy for leading-edge technology growth in the IIoT market
Come join us in creating ground-breaking IIoT solutions that help further connect our world - from
sensor to server.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled
items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).Consistent with ITAR, any position
at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only
be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded
the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Teri Brown, CCP, CPC, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
FreeWave Technologies, Inc.
Parkway, Ste. 100
Boulder, CO 80301
Posted February 18, 2016