to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
As a Communications Engineer, you will play a key role in support, design, test and turn
up, and documentation of new and existing customer wireless networks in a mining environment. Position
responsibilities will be implementation, support and monitoring of wireless communications networks
for our customers at Corporate and Regional levels. This will require you to negotiate with internal
and external resources to plan and execute your projects. International travel availability, and ability
to work at high altitudes is required. Spanish or Portuguese is a plus. Mining or military wireless
experience is desired.
A successful wireless network requires dependable, purpose-built hardware, a solid
backhaul infrastructure, intelligent up-front design, and knowledgeable support. MasterLink® Enterprise
delivers all of this, and more.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree (or Associates Degree/relevant military experience) with specialization
in wireless networking technology
- 2 years of hands-on experience with industrial WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks (at least two
of the following: designing, testing, configuring, deploying, etc.)
- 2 years' experience in design of Wi-Fi networks in large, mobile environments using Cisco, Motorola,
Rajant, 3DP, and other wireless products, or their equivalent
- Experience with RF Site Survey tools and RF link budget and propagation planning software
- Troubleshooting experience with Network Monitoring Software and ARP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, IP, UDP, TCP,
SNMP and other networking protocols
- Microwave Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint configuration, turn-up and testing
- Wired and wireless packet capture and packet traffic analysis (Example: Wireshark, tcpdump, winpcap,
- Familiar with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Technical writing skills
- CCNA, CWNA certified is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, Power Point
Day to Day Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly assists the Senior Communications Engineer in project design, rollout and integration for
new and existing products and systems
- Works independently and in direct support roles to regional Communications Engineers and Account
Managers as directed
- Generate report detailing survey methodology, mine plan, potential sources of interference, access
point locations, hardware selection, and channelization recommendations
- Implement testing plan to test third party networks
- Maintain a list of wireless networks used by each customer in the regions
- Planning and installing Modular Mining and third party wireless network systems at client sites
- Review and analyze customer wireless communication data periodically
- Perform site surveys, audits, and evaluations of customer sites
- Train Regional Communications Engineers and support personnel on Modular and 3rd party products
- Provide technical response to customer and internal questions relating to technical issues with
- Create and compile monthly network reports to satisfy Customer Care Agreement support
- Continuous training and certification requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree (or Associates Degree/ relevant military experience) with specialization
in wireless networking technology
- 2 years’ experience implementing networks in the field
- 2 years’ experience in design of Wi-Fi networks in large, mobile environments (using Motorola, Rajant,
3DP, Cisco wireless products, or equivalent
- 1 year experience using Network diagnostic tools (e.g., Sniffer,EKAHAU)
- Able to lift at least 40lbs.
- Proficient in writing detail technical reports
- Ability to travel 50% or more both domestically and internationally.
- Dominion of the Spanish language is a strong plus.
- Experience in the mining industry a plus
Working at Modular Mining Systems
Modular produces top-quality solutions because we employ top-quality people. Do you want to work
for a global industry leader in an innovative, high-tech environment? This is your chance!
Modular Mining Systems, Inc. is the world leader in design, manufacture, installation, and servicing
of real-time mine management solutions. Continuously expanding our high-tech product lines, we create
some of the most sophisticated, cutting-edge applications in the mining industry.
Modular offers a full line of products and software to meet the needs of open pit, underground, and
rail operations. Our products range from fully automated, total mine management and control systems
using the latest high-precision global positioning systems for surface applications, to proven mining
cycle control, monitoring and identification systems for underground mines.
Recruiter - Global HR
Modular Mining Systems Inc.
3289 E. Hemisphere Loop
Tucson, Arizona, 85706
Office: (520) 806-3268 |
Mobile: (520) 909-4681
Posted May 12, 2016