to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
RF/Analog Design Engineer (Job # 082554)
November 30, 2016
We are seeking a talented
Design Engineer with a solid understanding of satellite communications
systems, with an emphasis on RF and analog designs. The position is in San Diego, California. Relocation
assistance is available.
for all aspects of the RF and analog detailed design and development, including: system and module level
design and definition, schematic capture, circuit design, derating and Worst Case Analysis (WCA).
- Prepare and present engineering design concepts and data results for IDR/PDR/CDR.
- Estimate task schedules and budgets (BOEs) for programs, proposals and IR&D efforts.
- Support internal peer design reviews, design verification testing of engineering unit and oversight
of design through production.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required; MSEE degree preferred.
- At least three years of direct RF and analog design experience required; 5+ years preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with aerospace industry experience.
- Familiarity with transmitter and receiver architecture design is a must.
- Transmitter design: gain distribution, linearity, modulation formats (PM,
BPSK, QPSK), synthesizer architecture, and EVM performance.
- Receiver front end design: Noise figure, dynamic range, acquisition and tracking threshold, and
- Strong simulation experience is required with some of these tools: ADS, PSPICE, MWO, SystemVue,
MATLAB, OrCAD, micro-cap.
- Bench level troubleshooting and test equipment experience are a must.
- Must have excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Requires a good understanding of EMI/EMC requirements and implementation methods to meet product
- System level simulation with modulated waveforms is desired.
- Experience with the challenges associated with designing space qualified hardware and an understanding
of analog and IC circuit design are preferred.
- Must be able to complete design/project goals with minor supervision.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret (or higher)
clearance. Preference will be given to candidates with an active Secret (or higher) clearance
at the time of hire. Therefore, U.S. Person status is required.
L-3 Telemetry & RF Products, located in San Diego, California, is a full service manufacturer
of state-of-the-art communication and telemetry solutions for space, airborne, terrestrial and maritime
applications. Our integrated solutions combine latest-generation technologies and proven processes and
are provided to defense, intelligence and government agencies, as well as international and commercial
organizations. We partner with customers, industry and academia to develop innovations that reduce costs
and improve performance.
We offer competitive benefits and an alternate Fridays off schedule. Do you have what it takes to
be L-3? If so, please apply now; we're anxious to hear from you!
For more information, visit our division's web site at: www.L-3com.com/TRF.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender
L-3 Telemetry & RF Products
9020 Balboa Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
Posted December 1, 2016