to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior RF Engineer
December 12, 2016
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The
majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products
has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
is looking to fill a Senior RF Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Simulating, designing, prototyping and testing of RF circuits. Applications include general RF circuits
such as LNAs, filters, switches, mixers and power amplifiers, with special emphasis on power amplifiers.
Design range in frequency from UHF/VHF to millimeter waves.
- Design of simple low frequency analog, digital control circuitry and simple power supplies is required.
- Knowledge of transmission lines, RF circuit matching and S-parameter based design is required.
- Design lead at the circuit and simple subsystem level.
- Knowledge of simple power amplifier, transmit and receive system budgeting is a requirement.
- Proficiency with standard RF test instrumentation such as VNAs, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
and analyzers, as well as general purpose laboratory equipment is required.
- Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture design, schematic
creation, parts selection, prototype development, system integration, system verification and transitioning
projects to other engineering team, the manufacturing department, or product delivery to a customer.
- Take initiative and/or participate in discussions, to solve interdisciplinary technical issues in
a cross-functional team environment.
- Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) proposals for submittal to
applicable government agencies.
- Provides information regarding "as built" configuration as required for permanent records including
schematics and BOM's.
- Prepare and review PDR/CDR presentation packages.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge
or refer to an employee of higher classification.
- Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation and other
related technical support.
- Provide Engineering support to the Test and Production departments as required.
- Monitor technical literature and conference papers for the latest technological developments; recommend
new technologies for insertion into company's technology roadmaps.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience and a BS degree is required. A MS degree and 10 years experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate effectively with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Candidate should be proficient with circuit simulators such as AWR's Microwave Office and/or Agilent's
ADS, and general SPICE simulators. In addition, working knowledge of industry schematic and layout tools
such as Mentor Graphics PADS is required.
- Working familiarity with EM simulation tools such as Ansoft's HFSS is a plus.
- Proficiency in math analysis packages such as Matlab and MathCad is advantageous.
- Knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS.
Must be a U.S. Person and be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
and manufactures high power RF amplifiers, subsystems and systems for use in radar, electronic
warfare, communication systems, test and measurement and any other system that requires high power in
a robust and compact package. Our company is over ten years old and we are located in Carlsbad, CA,
in San Diego County. Over the last eleven years we have shipped over 125,000 RF amplifiers to our customers.
Most of our products are combat proven and operate in the harshest terrestrial environments. Aethercomm
is housed in a new 50,000 square foot facility that houses all company operations.
Aethercomm strives to provide a comprehensive package of employee benefit programs for its eligible
employees. The Company has established a variety of benefits designed to assist you and your eligible
dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can result from an illness or disability and also help
you to plan for your retirement!
Aethercomm's medical and dental plan options let you choose the coverage that best fits your individual
and family needs. Aethercomm selects medical, dental and vision insurance carriers that use extensive
provider networks, so you are sure to have your choice in providers. Additionally, if you elect a PPO
for your medical, dental and vision plan, then you don't have to use an in-network provider to benefit
from the plan!
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
• Short Term
and Long Term Disability
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Employee Incentive Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Leslie D. Coyle
Director of Human Resources
3205 Lionshead Avenue
Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Posted December 16, 2016